motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
All I can say is Yum

Patrick_R

Aficionado
Ohhhhhhhhh :cool:

Well it is actually a TWO
Truck Week Out.

But after listening to the itinerary last week, I’d much rather be having a BBQ with you guys and relaxing.

Styria

The Godfather
My suggestion would something like meet at the MacDonalds on the M4 - go the M7/M2 and up to the Bells Line of Road. Possibly a Sunday morning with a start around 8am?
If we get enthusiastic takers I will organise; if not, it will be just a good idea that never grew legs ..
Others may have different routes to suggest?
Regards,
Brian

.....I was away - did anything ever eventuate from this discussion ? Regards Styria

Styria

The Godfather
Please bring to GTG?
Much more interesting than a Benz. :eek:
Regards,
Brian

Captiva ? No ? Wonderfully reliable. On 180K. kilometres now, and one breakdown ever in 68K. and three and a half years. .....and it can be noted for thickness of paint unlike some other car..:D Regards Styria

OP
c107

c107

and 111/126
No - but it is always still possible should there be some interest.
Regards,
Brian

I'd be up for a drive but weekend days are hard for me with small children. My wife is probably taking the kids to visit some of her relos for a couple of weeks around september this year so will have more time then.

outside of that, I normally go for late night drives once everyone else is asleep, but this probably doesn't suit anyone else!

OP
c107

c107

and 111/126
since getting the DS back on the road I have been doing small improvements and using the car more. I also mounted an auxiliary electric fan like the fuel injected cars have. The other night I drove over the concord in the traffic and it was good to have it as a crawled through top ryde.

At some point I am going to need to get the hydraulic pump rebuilt as it is leaking more and more.

This is next to a friend's 72 DS21ie Pallas 5 speed.

The injected (i.e.) models use D-Jet, same as mercedes did in the period.

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
One the most amazing vehicles ever produced.
Great pics :p

OP
c107

c107

and 111/126
I decided I wanted a dash light to show me when my electric fan comes on. Luckily I had a spare warning light on my dash - there is one for parking lights that are not fitted to my car. Would have been preferable if it were green, but it’s red. All I needed was some wiring and a spare bulb holder from my parts instrument cluster.

80075223-41-AE-4103-B708-BD9-B45666-FAF.jpg