Topklasse Discussion Board  
Home Forum Legal/Privacy Media/Picture Gallery Websites and Links Technical

Go Back   Topklasse Discussion Board > THE VENDOR - TOPKLASSE SHOP > RECOMMENDED SUPPLIERS

RECOMMENDED SUPPLIERS Got a good deal recently? Share your supplier contacts with the community

Old 16th May 2010, 12:27 AM
Connoisseur

Default Mercedes Benz mechanic in Canberra... ?

Due to the very reliable suspension on my 6.9 (yes, it's bloody broken again), I am after recommendations for a good mechanic in Canberra who would know about the hydro suspension.

Even though I live here, I have not had the 6.9 worked on here because it is normally worked on in Sydney (stick with who you know and trust, etc etc), but due to the front right not pumping up to any usable height unless it's on the high setting, I cant drive it there.

The obvious choice is MB Spares, and they may well get the gig, but I want to keep my options open at this stage.

I am also aware of Canberra Continental Service Centre.

So, other than MB Spares and Canberra Continental, any good mechanics in Canberra who might know about the 6.9 suspension?

Any recommendations appreciated.
Old 16th May 2010, 04:08 AM
Prodigal Son

Default Re: Mercedes Benz mechanic in Canberra... ?

Hi BB the first 2 you know about the only one of those 2 that i have used in the past is mb spares who i found to be reasonable you could also try Anthony Costello Automotive at 9 Albany st Fyshwick (02) 62809233 who a lot of the canberra merc club guys used to use when i lived in Canberra and for general servicing John res Mechanical 33 Kendall Ave Queanbeyan (02) 978557 who i found to be trustworthy and honest when dealing with when i owned a taxi in Canberra.Ps if someone suggests a guy in Bungendore just dont ok
Old 16th May 2010, 06:01 AM
The Godfather

Default Re: Mercedes Benz mechanic in Canberra... ?

Hi bb, I just don't see how it is that only the right hand front that doesn't want to come up. As you'd know, there is only the one valve situated close to the firewall that controls the height of both sides.

The way I see it, it is only an air lock that prevents the pump from pumping oil through the system and one can usually tell by listening whether the pump is doing its job. May I suggest that you loosen the Allen headed closing screw that is located on top of the pressure regulating valve, and also the quite large sealing hex nut, also on top of the regulating valve. Have the engine running, and if the pump is working, you will eventually get air bubbles and hydraulic oil coming from both of those closing 'plugs'. Start with the large hex closing plug.

Also, disconnect the height control cable from the disc. This enables you to move the disc on the regulating valve freely to and from the various positions, rather than having to jump in to the car to move the cable control knob which can be stubborn and stiff to move, as well as being imprecise...and do try and use your car at least twice a week. Regards Styria