Topklasse Discussion Board  
Home Forum Legal/Privacy Media/Picture Gallery Websites and Links Technical

Go Back   Topklasse Discussion Board > ADVENTURE AND TRAVEL > SNIPPETS, ODDITIES AND TRAVEL

SNIPPETS, ODDITIES AND TRAVEL Share your holiday and travel experiences here - whether it be to another town or to another country, or unusual items of interest.

Old 6th September 2010, 10:08 AM
Noble

Default 2010 MBCNSW Concours

I was at yesterday's Concours and congrats to Graham & Narelle Blackadder and all involved for organising a great event yesterday well done guys!

There was wonderful MB on display I was most impressed.

Congrats to all the winners and with more work here's hoping 'Slim' wins a prize for his 260 next year!

Sorry I did not take any photos of the Concours check out the MBCNSW Forum site for photos Mat Kean took some wonderful photos.

Thank you very much to Styria for kindly giving me the 3 MB brochures yesterday there are excellent brochures.

W124, W123 and a W201 brochure I will add these 3 brochures to my growing collection of MB brochures.

It was great to catch up and see fellow Club & Forum Members yesterday at the Concours good to see you all.

Cheers guys,
Slim.

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/l...g?t=1283765015

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/l...g?t=1283765095

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/l...g?t=1283765139

Last edited by 260ebenz; 6th September 2010 at 07:27 PM.
Old 7th September 2010, 10:36 AM
Noble

Default Re: 2010 MBCNSW Concours

Terrific photos of the Concours on the Cars of Australia site.

http://www.carsofaustralia.com.au/ev...hp?details=654

One MB was a standout for me!

Cheers.

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/l...g?t=1283819756
Old 13th September 2010, 04:41 AM
The Godfather

At long last, I am managing to post some of my pics that I took on the day of the concours - please note however, that most will be in the Website and Links Section of the forum. There was a relatively small section that catered for our 116s, but the quality was quite exemplary..

All three of these, all 280s, were in A1 condition. I think I took something like,what, twenty photos, but I wanted to concentrate more on some of the intricate features of the cars (wherever possible) such as under bonnet and interior features rather than exterior pictures that, inevitably, don't provide a lot of information. Yes sure, there were some outstanding examples, and I just couldn't help myself. Regards Styria

N.B. Further photos on............http://www.topklasse.net.au/forums/s...ead.php?t=2407

Last edited by Styria; 13th September 2010 at 05:01 AM.
Old 13th September 2010, 06:52 PM
Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styria View Post
At long last, I am managing to post some of my pics that I took on the day of the concours - please note however, that most will be in the Website and Links Section of the forum. There was a relatively small section that catered for our 116s, but the quality was quite exemplary..

All three of these, all 280s, were in A1 condition.[/url]

Can anybody possibly tell me the name of the colour green of the centre car please? It seems to be relatively uncommon in Australia - but looks stunning when preserved as well at that example.
Old 13th September 2010, 09:03 PM
Noble

Colours? Everything you ever wanted in W116 colours can be found here: http://www.meinbenz.de/
For colour samples go to the Farbtabellen index on the left hand side of the page.
I think the colour to which you refer might be Pine Green.
Regards,
Benz-Boy
Old 13th September 2010, 10:31 PM
Aristocrat

That is some website! I spent 20 minutes looking through the photo gallery of past events alone!
Old 14th September 2010, 06:49 AM
The Godfather

Hi 450SE, I tend to think that the colour is the Metallic Cypress Green. BTW, we do have a colour chart on our website, and I am in the process of trying to find its location - I thought it was under the section of Websites and Links.

That particular car, was exemplary in its condition. The paintwork, supposedly (!) original, was flawless and the cloth upholstery was of the old chequered type - rare on a 1978 model. It was curious that this car, completely untouched (according to the owner) and with paintwork looking as new (if not better) suffered from a badly discoloured parcel shelf and both front door trims were devoid of the foam that is normally glued to the doorboards - you could feel the collection of dust on the lower edge of the trim. Regards Styria
Old 16th September 2010, 04:15 PM
Aficionado

Yes, it is 876 Cypress Green Metallic.
450SEL6.9 - #4811 Classic White/Parchment velours, AUS delivered 1978
450SLC - Citrus Green/Parchment leather, AUS delivered 1979
C200 (W205) - 2015
B200 (W246) - 2015
Old 19th September 2010, 05:52 AM
The Godfather

Thanks David - I did think that Pine Green is quite a dark green, perhaps not quite as dark as British Racing Green, and of course it is a solid colour. This car had plenty of Metallic in the paint. Incidentally, and this is probably 'nit picking', the under wheel arch sections had been painted in black - 'curious' for an original car, with the owner sort of expressing the thought that body coloured wheel arches 'just don't look good' - hmm.... I somehow got the impression that he did not particularly wanted to be told that the black on his car was not original. Regards Styria