Topklasse Discussion Board  
Home Forum Legal/Privacy Media/Picture Gallery Websites and Links Technical

Go Back   Topklasse Discussion Board > THE EXPERIENCE - DRIVING PLEASURE > WEBSITES AND LINKS

WEBSITES AND LINKS Share anything of interest you find on the internet

Old 9th February 2018, 02:00 PM
Aristocrat

Lightbulb five year Warranties

At long last I have found a Web Site that sets out the "Law" requirements of honouring 5/7 car Warranties. From Choice Magazine on Line.
Dealer Servicing not required... Dealer Stamp not Required....Genuine Parts not required, just good quality OEM. (E.g., Mercedes Parts from Silver Star Spares)
A Licenced Mechanic must be used... fair enough.
Ford try to coerce People by printing in their Log Books a space for " Dealer" Stamp.
For me, I have never had any of our Cars Dealer Serviced. For the first 3 years our 2010 C 200 was plagued with Warranty issues. All sorted by Mercedes Factory owned Dealership with never a question asked. Been 100% reliable ever since .
Old 9th February 2018, 05:35 PM
Connoisseur

Default Re: five year Warranties

The ones to watch for are where there is the factory warranty then a separate 'importer' or dealer warrenty.

People bought new Citroen's with extended warranties, I think 5 years. the first 3 years came from Citroen and the second two years were from the importer. Apparently many have reported it being almost impossible to claim anything in years 4 and 5 and not realizing this on the purchase of the car.

Now Citroen has changed importers, you wonder what it means for those people too.
Old 9th February 2018, 05:51 PM
Noble

Quote:
Originally Posted by c107 View Post
The ones to watch for are where there is the factory warranty then a separate 'importer' or dealer warrenty.

People bought new Citroen's with extended warranties, I think 5 years. the first 3 years came from Citroen and the second two years were from the importer. Apparently many have reported it being almost impossible to claim anything in years 4 and 5 and not realizing this on the purchase of the car.

Now Citroen has changed importers, you wonder what it means for those people too.
That situation is the subject of much discussion on Aussie Frogs - and not all experiences are positive.
Regards,
Brian
Old 12th February 2018, 03:39 AM
The Godfather

I have never been in the position of buying 'New' with the appropriate manufacturer's warranty save for the Honda Jazz bought by Julie. That car is now five years old (or young) with about 48K. on the clock. It has never missed a bit, still with original brakes and tyres, but we switched services from Dealer (always more than $300.00) to qualified mechanic at half price. He maintains that the car is still like new.

From a personal point of view, I have always fancied Citroens, as well as the Peugeot 407 Coupe (408 ?), as well as the extremely beautiful Highline VW Passat, but potential high cost of parts and services would just about stop me from purchasing any of those Marques. I can apply those sentiments to used Mercedes models as well. I guess it is because I am not familiar with the cars. It is just the other day that I spotted an absolutely gorgeous DS3 in a shopping centre car park. It was yellow on black and an absolutely honey, and one could easily fall for a car like that. However, an internet search revealed various engine issues that were the concern of some owners, and it would appear that the turbocharged engine is shared with BMW - in my opinion a cause for caution.

Yes, I think that nowadays purchases of new cars with warranties is a must. Regards. Styria