Topklasse Discussion Board  
Home Forum Legal/Privacy Media/Picture Gallery Websites and Links Technical

Go Back   Topklasse Discussion Board > ADVENTURE AND TRAVEL > SNIPPETS, ODDITIES AND TRAVEL

SNIPPETS, ODDITIES AND TRAVEL Share your holiday and travel experiences here - whether it be to another town or to another country, or unusual items of interest.

Old 28th August 2012, 01:06 AM
Aristocrat

Default Re: Michel's Trip

Thank YOU for sharing your trip in such glorious detail Michel!
Old 28th August 2012, 04:07 AM
Aristocrat

HEY MICHEL , what a great post , it started before i know you or join TK ( i wish i did earlier , i passed several chances to VISIT LEBENON for the same silly MEDIA claiming unsafe COUNTRY till we face worse situation here in EGYPT post january 25th 2011 , my wife went several times (with work and meetings) but i passed since i didn't imagine how nice LEBANON is, MY BAD.

One freind of me keep a flat and an SLK there and go everytime he can , i didn't understand it is that nice , again my bad.

EVEN my young son had to go last year to attend competition with his school as a swim team member and he won couple of GOLD medals LOL

I don't know but people talk about SOLIDAIR area as stunning place and about BUDDAH BAR and the BMW X5 are the common street cars as rentals

I like the architectual and this PHOTOS since i'm am a civil engineer by proffession and easly impressed by stunning churches and mosques ,

just asked now my wife about the HARISSA lady of Lebanon and oh boy she said it is huge , i only saw the one in BRAZIL in REO in photos , never saw the one in LEBANON before.

THANKS MICHEL for the FERRARI and sharing the trip photos with us.

REGARDS

TAREK
Old 31st December 2012, 09:06 AM
One Of The Boys

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiSeGuYY View Post
HEY MICHEL , what a great post , it started before i know you or join TK ( i wish i did earlier , i passed several chances to VISIT LEBENON for the same silly MEDIA claiming unsafe COUNTRY till we face worse situation here in EGYPT post january 25th 2011 , my wife went several times (with work and meetings) but i passed since i didn't imagine how nice LEBANON is, MY BAD.

One friend of me keep a flat and an SLK there and go everytime he can , i didn't understand it is that nice , again my bad.

EVEN my young son had to go last year to attend competition with his school as a swim team member and he won couple of GOLD medals LOL

I don't know but people talk about SOLIDAIR area as stunning place and about BUDDAH BAR and the BMW X5 are the common street cars as rentals

I like the architectual and this PHOTOS since i'm am a civil engineer by proffession and easly impressed by stunning churches and mosques ,

just asked now my wife about the HARISSA lady of Lebanon and oh boy she said it is huge , i only saw the one in BRAZIL in REO in photos , never saw the one in LEBANON before.

THANKS MICHEL for the FERRARI and sharing the trip photos with us.

REGARDS

TAREK
Dear TAREK,

A bit late, but I just realised I never answered your post.

Lebanon is a very scenic country, essentially because it is so small and everything is so close. (it is smaller than Sydney and its suburbs)
The coastline is so narrow (a few kilometres) that the mountain is in your face anytime you look east.

The Solidere (www.solidere.com) area comprises basically the 'downtown' part of the city that has been essentially rebuilt to original designs.
It is simply stunning and fascinating to see that 'reproduction'.
(www.solidere.com/project/historic.html).

I don't wish to bore everyone, but should you be interested, have a look at those links.
Most Lebanese are show offs and like to be seen sporting the latest fashion and driving the hippest cars (Benzes and BMW are especially loved).

1978 W116 690SEL # 3312
1985 R107 500SL AMG
2000 W208 CLK430 Coupe
2003 W163 ML320

Last edited by Michel; 17th February 2014 at 06:34 AM.
Old 31st December 2012, 09:15 AM
Noble

I have a number of good friends who are Lebanese Australians and they are usually highly cultured and thoroughly wonderful people. Many came here at a time when Lebanon was less happy than it should be and have settled easily into Australian society.
(I understand there is a road in a small mountain village officially re-named a Parramatta Rd!)
Are they show-offs? Dare I mention their love of bright cars with loads of bling?
Is Lebanon a beautiful country? These photos show it to be so.
Regards,
Brian
Old 31st December 2012, 09:24 AM
Noble

Great post Michel.

Beautiful city Lebanon.
Old 16th February 2014, 01:36 PM
The Godfather

It's probably one of our best, if not the best, threads, on TK......I'm thinking of the good old times, the unbridled enthusiasm. Ah well, never mind......just musing. Regards Styria
Old 17th February 2014, 07:14 PM
One Of The Boys

I just re-read the whole thread, post by post.
I am even surprised at what I have put there.
Ahhh.. I would love another trip like that.

However, this year is looking like full of trips.
Not too many touristic ones (all are business trips...)

If you guys are interested, should I start a new thread?

First stop is Beijing...

Here are a couple from a few years back at the Great Wall.

1978 W116 690SEL # 3312
1985 R107 500SL AMG
2000 W208 CLK430 Coupe
2003 W163 ML320

Last edited by Michel; 17th February 2014 at 09:10 PM.
Old 18th February 2014, 06:13 PM
The Godfather

Hi Michel, I'd leave it in your capable hands as to the method you wish to use to tell us about ANY of your trips. As you know, I am a real nose body, and I have always appreciated any pictorial coverage you have posted on TK. I think it is a fair bet toi say that I am not alone in this. Just look at the number of looks the thread has attracted. Need I say more ? Regards Styria
Old 21st April 2014, 08:23 PM
One Of The Boys

http://youtu.be/9-tW_ey9up8

I've been searching for this video clip made about Lebanon a few years ago (2002).

It's the closest to the truth.
Hope you enjoy it

1978 W116 690SEL # 3312
1985 R107 500SL AMG
2000 W208 CLK430 Coupe
2003 W163 ML320
Old 21st April 2014, 09:08 PM
Noble

Just brilliant! Thanks Michel.
Regards,
Brian
Old 7th January 2018, 11:54 AM
The Godfather

Having regards to the diabolical action on the part of Photobucket. I haven't actually read the contents of each post, as I was too busy counting the number of photos that have been deleted. In all, one hundred and sixty, plus two that were posted by Benz Boy.

Thus, at the indiscreet, and discriminatory stroke of a pen, the entire thread has been reduced from "one of the very best', if not the best, to a meaningless mumbo, jumbo by the provider. I am afraid to say that the greater portion of Topklasse has been reduced to a virtually meaningless conglomeration of threads and posts. Now, I don't know what Michel can, or is prepared to do, to again give some meaning to his excellent thread. It is unfortunate that I have chosen Michel, and I would like to make it quite clear that he is under no obligation to try and eliminate the actions of Photobucket. It just so happens that his thread is one of the very best.

From a personal note, I will list some other threads, primarily mine that I can think of, where it is my intention to resurrect the photographic features that have accompanied posts. It just needs to be done to restore any credibility of the content of our website. Regards Styria