Topklasse Discussion Board  
Home Forum Legal/Privacy Media/Picture Gallery Websites and Links Technical

Go Back   Topklasse Discussion Board > THE EXPERIENCE - DRIVING PLEASURE > WEBSITES AND LINKS

WEBSITES AND LINKS Share anything of interest you find on the internet

Old 16th June 2013, 05:31 PM
The Godfather

Default Fiat museum

Text to follow. Lost previous uncompleted post. In the meantime, this is the museum building - a far cry from the Stuttgart creation.

Many of the URL's I have had to delete. Each referral finished up with "This page can't be displayed." In the meantime, I will leave the thread open to fill in details as I can source them from various points of reference and literature I have in my possession, or will source. My sincere apologies for the time being. Regards Styria

Last edited by Styria; 6th April 2019 at 05:04 PM.
Old 16th June 2013, 05:57 PM
Noble

Default Re: Fiat museum

Very nice Styria. I loved my Fiat 2300 Lusso - it's the one car I wished I had never sold.
Regards,
Brian
Old 19th June 2013, 07:27 PM
The Godfather

Default Re: Fiat museum

What I started to type, and subsequently lost, were my brief experiences of looking at, and admiring, the Fiat 1900 model back in the mid fifties. It was at a time when, as a fifteen year old, we'd be walking up and down the mainstreet of the city I lived in, looking at the girls legs as we were shadowing them too scared to talk to them. Mind you, if they had hairy legs (that is correct), they were considered to be very sexy - and, in those days, they didn't shave their legs. Anyway, those were also the times of the Panhard (quite a luxury car), the 3 cylinder two stroke DKWs (beautiful cars), the Puch 500 (a copy of the Fiat Bambino, and of course the Fiat 1100 and Fiat 1900.

Let me tell you, the 1900 was quite a car, and its attractiveness is best illustrated by the pics as shown hereunder. Take the time to look at the styling of some sixty years ago.

http://www.zuckerfabrik24.de/fiat/fiat1900A_1.htm

There were also some other quite delectable Fiats, such as the 2300 that, I think, Benz Boy refers to - that car was blessed with an absolutely delightful and sweet revving engine (and a beautiful interior), as well as the 2300S Coupe - smashing to look at, hotted engine (twin carbies etc.) and a manual steering system that defied turning the wheel when stationary. It was the one and only reason I didn't buy one - but what a good looking car in those days. You don't believe me ? Judge for yourself.

http://bringatrailer.com/2011/05/23/...0s-ghia-coupe/

http://www.google.com.au/imgres?imgu...9QEwAQ&dur=781

Regards Styria

Last edited by Styria; 19th June 2013 at 07:33 PM.