Topklasse Discussion Board  
Home Forum Legal/Privacy Media/Picture Gallery Websites and Links Technical

Go Back   Topklasse Discussion Board > THE EXPERIENCE - DRIVING PLEASURE > WEBSITES AND LINKS

WEBSITES AND LINKS Share anything of interest you find on the internet

Old 3rd March 2014, 05:53 AM
The Godfather

Default $a100k - 450sel 6.9

I guess it had to happen sooner, than later - a 58K. Euro 6.9 for sale by the Classic Centre at Hanover. Found on a website, an old friend of TK and featured previously probably about two to three years ago.

There are seven pages of various models for sale, and I am referring to 107s and 116s, with thirteen 6.9s advertised at 30K. Euro or more. The market has certainly risen. Wouldn't it be nice to see that trend extend to OZ country as well ? BTW, there are some comprehensive exterior and interior pictures of most cars advertised on the site. Well worth perusing. The car I am referring to, I think, is on page six or seven. Regards Styria

http://suchen.mobile.de/auto-inserat...eatures=EXPORT
Old 3rd March 2014, 06:32 PM
Aristocrat

Smile Re: $a100k - 450sel 6.9

Interesting Site Styria, which prompted me to check 107 S L prices in Europe and the USA.... Horses for courses. In the States they are for nothing and Europe is at the other end of the spectrum.
........ Euro Spec. 280 Sl 107s
$6- 12 grand in the States......Possibly double that in Europe ?

And here they seem to be just lumped in with the thousands of used Mercs of all types ie., just another second hand car. Though I was surprised to see the very wide variation in USA of the '70s SLs , from $40K to $140K and plenty of them. ..... And high priced here as well

I'm coming to the conclusion that advertising my 107 was a waste of time and money. It's going on Club Plates ,and stored in the garage for as long as it takes. Our C Class is happy enough in the driveway. It seems that with new cars being so cheap to buy , the bottom has fallen out of everything except maybe the earlier more desirable , here in Aus, anyway.

But as always Beauty is in the eye of the Beholder !

Sean