Topklasse Discussion Board  
Home Forum Legal/Privacy Media/Picture Gallery Websites and Links Technical

Go Back   Topklasse Discussion Board > THE VENDOR - TOPKLASSE SHOP > RECOMMENDED SUPPLIERS

RECOMMENDED SUPPLIERS Got a good deal recently? Share your supplier contacts with the community

Old 23rd April 2011, 06:29 PM
The Godfather

Default The good oil

Thanks to Tony's efforts, and thank you for that, we now have details of where the really GOOD oil can be purchased - I am talking of course Amsoil, Redline, Royal Purple. This is a starting link:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Amsoil-oil-AS...item19c4ce7f23

I have been previously so impressed with Amsoil in the 100:1 Motorcycle two stroke mixed application, that I am prepared to find the 'folding stuff' and get some from Melbourne for my Gleaming Beauty. Thanks again, Tony. Regards Styria (At least that's where I think it will have to come from).
Old 23rd April 2011, 09:24 PM
Prodigal Son

Default Re: The good oil

Thanks Tony and Styria for that company link i notice they also sell redline and royal purple oils each to his own i guess all good oils i am now using royal purple in my 2008 suzuki hyabusa and i am very pleased with the results as of last dyno tune with yoshimura exhaust and power commander computer it made just over 200 horsepower at the rear wheel and new 1/4 mile time of 10.06 at 246kmh but as i have been on a rock for the last couple of months all i can do is pine for returning home
Old 24th April 2011, 10:08 AM
Aristocrat

Great prices - thanks for the link.

Bill
Old 24th April 2011, 11:00 AM
Aristocrat

You guys are most welcome, I know that a lot of people use ebay for cars but are not as familiar with it or the technology as I may be and Ive found that almost anything can be found if you know where to look.

Amsoil themselves do not ship direct to Australia because they protect their distributors here but in doing so have done themselves a great disservice.

Lucky for us theres eBay.
Old 27th November 2011, 07:36 PM
Aristocrat

I'm sure you can find superior products here in Oz
Old 28th November 2011, 06:33 PM
Aristocrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmet View Post
I'm sure you can find superior products here in Oz
Im also fond of Nulon Oils in older cars that have run Mineral oils but id be interested to hear your suggestions Helmet.
Old 28th November 2011, 06:44 PM
Aristocrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony66_au View Post
Im also fond of Nulon Oils in older cars that have run Mineral oils but id be interested to hear your suggestions Helmet.
Castrol GTX2 professional range is great for older engines, and available locally. It seems that most guys here change there oil very often so any good quality oil will work, no need to import it

PS: if you want to run synthetic then Castrol Edge Titanium is the way to go and available in 20/50

Last edited by Helmet; 28th November 2011 at 06:47 PM.
Old 28th November 2011, 06:50 PM
Aristocrat

Professional range would want to be better than the GTX2 I bought locally a while ago, I picked up 20 lt at my Ag supplier and did my Val's and the initial change on the 450SE and it broke down (The oil) in a few thousand km.

It was a year ago but it still had me annoyed.
Old 28th November 2011, 07:00 PM
Aristocrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony66_au View Post
Professional range would want to be better than the GTX2 I bought locally a while ago, I picked up 20 lt at my Ag supplier and did my Val's and the initial change on the 450SE and it broke down (The oil) in a few thousand km.

It was a year ago but it still had me annoyed.
Hi Tony , what do you mean by the oil "broke down" ?
Old 28th November 2011, 07:59 PM
Aristocrat

It wasn't multigrade anymore, The Wagons (I did the 230TE as well) oil consumption more than doubled to a litre per week after a few thousand km and the engine got a tad noisier at idle when hot plus the oel pressure reading was bouncing from 1/3rd to 1/2 at idle

Granted the car has over 430'000 km on it and needs a bit of spanner love but after a week of extra noise I dropped the GTX2 and the filter and went back to Nulon 15/40 everyday blend and all was well again.

I don't have a car with under 300 thou on the clock, they all do country miles and both daily drivers average 800 to 1400 km per week.

2 things that come to mind as worth mentioning are that the Ag supplier may have had this drum for a while and that the blend may have changed since as ive had the same issues with Bulk Penrite in the past, Im always looking for an easier and cheaper way and the drum went back to the supplier along with the used oil id drained from the TE.