Topklasse Discussion Board  
Home Forum Legal/Privacy Media/Picture Gallery Websites and Links Technical

Go Back   Topklasse Discussion Board > THE EXPERIENCE - DRIVING PLEASURE > TALKING TORQUE

TALKING TORQUE Feel free to discuss your Driving Experience in all other models as well!

Old 6th February 2014, 07:03 PM
The Godfather

Default 1982 Syrena - Polish Marvel

I need to admit it, and warn you, that this is a lengthy video. Why have I put it on TK ? Maybe, several reasons. Firstly, it depicts the journey of a car that not many of us have heard of. More importantly however, it does illustrate in very simple terms of what can be done to improve a car by ingenuity, but also certainly by invaluable experience and know-how.

In addition, it is quaint, and you really do have to ask yourself why you'd want to buy one. I certainly wouldn't, but then again I am not the owner of a Motor Museum. See what you think. Before I forget, it is an infinitely nicer looking car than the Trabant or, for that matter, Wartburg. Regards Styria

http://www.carvideos.eu/wheeler-deal...yrena-episode/
Old 9th February 2014, 06:42 AM
Noble

Default Re: 1982 Syrena - Polish Marvel

I'm so sorry Styria, it just doesn't have the appeal of a Trabbie...no plastic body for a start.
Yesterday I was chatting to an enthusiastic owner of several early rear-engine Skodas. They now count the remaining numbers easily as so few have survived - and the glaring rust in the body seals was enough to convince me that few deserve to survive...
Anyway, a fascinating video.
Regards,
Brian
Old 9th February 2014, 09:51 AM
The Godfather

Default Re: 1982 Syrena - Polish Marvel

Hi BenzBoy, if nothing else,it is certainly a prettier car than the Trabant - obviously, I'd imagine it would attract curiosity value at best at a Car Show, with some people obviously, or should I say perhaps, muttering to themselves about the owner being eccentric - is that the right word for it ?

As an everyday conveyance, it'd let you down badly. BTW, a Trabant would be worse as they're just plain ugly. Well, in my opinion anyway. Regards. Styria