Topklasse Discussion Board  
Home Forum Legal/Privacy Media/Picture Gallery Websites and Links Technical

Go Back   Topklasse Discussion Board > THE EXPERIENCE - DRIVING PLEASURE > WEBSITES AND LINKS

WEBSITES AND LINKS Share anything of interest you find on the internet

Old 23rd August 2010, 08:58 PM
The Godfather

Default Eastern Creek - 2010

There is no doubt that there were just so many beautiful, so many delightful, so many unusual cars on display - and I daresay that each and every owner has put just about all of their resources, and maybe knowledge, but certainly pride to each of their cars.

I must admit that I just about get blown away by the quality, sheer size, but yet sheer beauty of some of the American cars on display...I mean, they are just marvellous, and here is a small section of some that really took my eye. You be the judge...

You just couldn't take your eyes off this one.....

I really liked this soft-top Studebaker, although the contrasting white piping just seemed to cheapen the car a little....

Another Studebaker-very, very stylish...

There wasn't much wrong with this one.........

Last edited by Styria; 23rd August 2010 at 09:05 PM.
Old 23rd August 2010, 09:17 PM
Noble

Default Re: Eastern Creek - 2010

I look at these fantastic quality photos of beautiful cars and I ask: "What has happened to style? When did we loose the ability to create a car with genuine presence?"
Thatnks for the photos Mr S.
Regards,
Benz-Boy
Old 24th August 2010, 04:09 AM
The Godfather

BenzBoy, there are more pics to come - I am getting close to the 'free limit' of Photobucket and that may be the reason why that facility is creating a 'slow pocket' in my computer. Regarding your sentiments, I guess it's not often, if at all, that one is blown away by the looks or presence of one particular car or another, irrespective of brand and, of course, even Cadillac (to name one iconic style setter of the past) is not able to produce anything really noteworthy styling wise at the moment, and has not done so for many years. Regards Styria
Old 24th August 2010, 05:45 PM
Aristocrat

BenzBoy: The sad fact of the matter is that all manufacturers consult with the wind tunnel before deciding on the vehicle they produce. Unfortunately the wind tunnel tells all manufacturers to shape their cars the same way. That's why a modern 'C' class looks like a Hyundai.
Old 24th August 2010, 07:43 PM
Noble

No; the wind tunnel has been in use for many years. I just think they produce whitegoods to suit the 90 percentile and are afraid to offend. Ultimately they please no-one while offending only the elite who know good design from bad.
Look at the aerodynamics of a Citroen Goddess. A beautiful car and it did not look like a refrigerator.
The last Benz with prescence was the 140 series. Since then they all look like the product of a design committee that is afraid to step out in the dark of night lest it loose its way.....
Regards,
Benz-Boy

Last edited by BenzBoy; 25th August 2010 at 07:21 AM. Reason: typo
Old 25th August 2010, 06:25 AM
The Godfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEL_69L View Post
BenzBoy: The sad fact of the matter is that all manufacturers consult with the wind tunnel before deciding on the vehicle they produce. Unfortunately the wind tunnel tells all manufacturers to shape their cars the same way. That's why a modern 'C' class looks like a Hyundai.
David, I think it's the other way around - the Hyundai looks like the C-Class - don't you think ? Lexus in particular have been copying Mercedes styling for years and started that in the very early nineties - also look at the copying now evident on the CLS model. The same can be said for the ML - Class - look at Honda, then the Jazz on the A - Class. I am not impressed. Regards Styria
Old 25th August 2010, 04:10 PM
Aristocrat

Basically, I was just loosely quoting a motoring journo.