Topklasse Discussion Board  
Home Forum Legal/Privacy Media/Picture Gallery Websites and Links Technical

Go Back   Topklasse Discussion Board > ADVENTURE AND TRAVEL > SNIPPETS, ODDITIES AND TRAVEL

SNIPPETS, ODDITIES AND TRAVEL Share your holiday and travel experiences here - whether it be to another town or to another country, or unusual items of interest.

Old 2nd June 2017, 08:46 AM
Aristocrat

Unhappy Points

Now it is official... 4 seconds of Amber Light then Red. I protested at a fine of over $400 after being caught by a Camera. I did not run a red Light but got caught by circumstances making a right turn in heavy snail pace traffic. protests fell on deaf ears.. just black and white decision. They figured that it was my Car that triggered the Red Light.
They also stated that the amber lights are are now set at 4 seconds. All red lights are now being progressively fitted with speed cameras. Speed up to get through an amber light and we get a speeding ticket instead ! Over 65 ks/Hr
Mark Weber ex Grand Prix Driver was right , we now live in a Nanny State. He lives in England.
My take on all this ... it has become part of the Tax System.
Old 2nd June 2017, 09:37 AM
Super Moderator

Default Re: Points

Both Karen and I have received red light camera infringements in the last 12 months, both in similar circumstances to yours Sean.

Karen has never, yes never, had a ticket. Not even a parking fine, so she wrote in asking for leniency based on her good record and pointed out the heavy traffic, effectively offering a reason, or excuse if you like, for the offence.

No dice, fine stands, $433 bucks and 3 points.

I've not had a ticket for over 20 years so also wrote in asking for leniency based on my good record, but wrote in my submission that I offered no excuses for the offence and took it as a timely reminder that even a moments inattention can have dire consequences.

Fine and offence waived, not even a caution recorded
#2723 6.3
#8659 3.5
W208 CLK430
Old 2nd June 2017, 10:56 AM
Aristocrat

I've had one of these before too.

You need to make sure your car only enters the intersection if it can fully clear the white lines that mark the start of the intersection. This is where the camera triggers.

So if you get stuck with most of your car in the intersection, but perhaps 10% of it covering the white line, you'll get a ticket if you complete your turn which you must if you don't want to block traffic.

You shouldn't trigger the camera if the car is right in the middle of the intersection.

The sad thing is that you are guilty until proven innocent and there is no real way of contesting these things. When I lived in the USA, thanks to the bill of rights you have the constitutional right to a fair trial and to confront your accuser. Here the state government can pretty much legislate your rights away.
Old 2nd June 2017, 08:53 PM
One Of The Boys

At least some of us are lucky as we don't live in Victoria 😳

1978 W116 690SEL # 3312
1985 R107 500SL AMG
2000 W208 CLK430 Coupe
2003 W163 ML320