Topklasse Discussion Board  
Home Forum Legal/Privacy Media/Picture Gallery Websites and Links Technical

Go Back   Topklasse Discussion Board > THE EXPERIENCE - DRIVING PLEASURE > MERCEDES W116

MERCEDES W116 Discussion specific to the W116 model

Old 12th May 2017, 02:13 PM
The Godfather

Default Re: 6.9 # 7114 - it lives !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styria View Post
I like him, but how about this one - took my fancy as well. Regards Styria

N.B. A suitable reply ? Regards Styria

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-okDJA5CVw
After watching the original video, I needed to bring Antonia to the fore - it makes me jumpy just watching her. A visual delight. Regards Styria

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwD6Fo5Ddxs
Old 1st February 2018, 02:46 AM
The Godfather

After a bit of a nasty fall today, sleep has been a bit hard to come by. Well, it really has nothing to do with Craig's thread, but I took the opportunity to re-read the thread from its splendid beginning to what became in the end, a somewhat useless dribble or exchange of "nothing's" that can be reminiscent of Facebook postings.

There are some reviews that are taking place, and as a result two major threads have been removed as they became meaningless. One with two hundred photos, and another with more than three hundred dots of nothing. As I said, I went right back to the beginning, and the longer I read of Craig's trials and tribulations, the more I would love to see Craig's car becoming reality where we can see and hear it from time to time.

I wonder if Craig has been able to devote a little more time to what could, and should be, a splendid car. I know that Craig has became involved in a number of business ventures that are taking time away from his cars, but possibly Craig, you might have the time to provide us with some update of your endeavours in dealing with your various cars, particularly with the 6.9. Regards. Styria
Old 5th February 2018, 07:53 PM
Connoisseur

No progress at all ! I do however need to get on to it this year and get it sorted. Need to rebuild the front struts and have it repainted. Otherwise, not too much else. Rego is due so I need to get a pink slip done, but off to Indonesia and Dubai next week so there is another month gone !
Old 10th February 2018, 08:57 AM
Aristocrat

Quote:
After a bit of a nasty fall today, sleep has been a bit hard to come by.
WHAT!!

01 Ford AU 5L (Deep Blue)
89 560L#322020
88 500L#451660-P
88 420L#422477-P
87 420L#324309-P
87 420L#-P
88 420L Euro#-P
88 420L#-P
86 560L#235896-P
79 6.9#5541 (Red Bull)
79 6.9#5398-P
78 6.9#4248 (Skye)-P
79 6.9#3686 (Moby Dick)
78 6.9#1776 (Dora)
77 450L#067010-P
75 450L#028414 (Gold Nugget)-P
57 Buick 73A (Titanic)
Old 10th February 2018, 03:27 PM
The Godfather

Yes Mark, it knocked me around a fair bit. Step up with right leg which basically collapsed under me on account of a bad hip, and over I went without any control on my part. Very reminiscent of an almost identical fall about three to four years ago when I had to have operations on both my left shoulder and left hip.

Luckily enough, this time no major damage except for a nasty left forearm slash, and a sprained right wrist. Glasses fell off, my lorikeet went sprawling (he had been on my shoulder) and honestly I had no control over how I fell and what injuries I could have sustained.

Regarding Craig's car, the 6.9 - I spoke to him at the last Mercedes Club meeting, and he basically confirmed that father time and business commitments are simply preventing him from carrying out any work presently on the car. How are you getting on, Mark ? You still have at least three 6.9s still in your care - any progress on your part ? Be very interested to hear further from you. Regards Styria
Old 10th February 2018, 09:01 PM
300sebenz

Quote:
Yes Mark, it knocked me around a fair bit. Step up with right leg which basically collapsed under me on account of a bad hip, and over I went without any control on my part. Very reminiscent of an almost identical fall about three to four years ago when I had to have operations on both my left shoulder and left hip.

Luckily enough, this time no major damage except for a nasty left forearm slash, and a sprained right wrist. Glasses fell off, my lorikeet went sprawling (he had been on my shoulder) and honestly I had no control over how I fell and what injuries I could have sustained.

Regarding Craig's car, the 6.9 - I spoke to him at the last Mercedes Club meeting, and he basically confirmed that father time and business commitments are simply preventing him from carrying out any work presently on the car. How are you getting on, Mark ? You still have at least three 6.9s still in your care - any progress on your part ? Be very interested to hear further from you. Regards Styria
Hello Styria sorry to hear about your fall look after yourself and all the best to you.

Cheers Tim.
Old 11th February 2018, 08:50 AM
Connoisseur

Quote:

Wow, Glad to hear no serious injuries. Hope you (and the lorikeet) are feeling better soon.
Old 11th February 2018, 06:00 PM
The Godfather

The lorikeet, showing no sympathy, simply walked away. Me ? I let go with some expletives which, as a rule, is not my wont. Blood everywhere, but I survived it all and today it's becoming something of a distant memory. Regards Styria