Topklasse Discussion Board  
Home Forum Legal/Privacy Media/Picture Gallery Websites and Links Technical

Go Back   Topklasse Discussion Board > THE EXPERIENCE - DRIVING PLEASURE > WEBSITES AND LINKS

WEBSITES AND LINKS Share anything of interest you find on the internet

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 1st November 2014, 05:24 PM
Styria's Avatar
Styria Styria is offline
The Godfather
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Sydney
Posts: 8,166
Default Alfa Romeo 4C - 2015

Shades of the Lancia Stratos featured in the previous thread ? Well, just look at the size (so lithe), the shape (so beautiful) and it certainly has lots going for it at the price charged for it in the States.

I honestly cannot think readily of a more beautifully styled rear section than on this car, and the front certainly leaves nothing to be ashamed of. The test itself - very level headed and factual - rather than the glowing commentary that one can come across from time to time from other testers. Certainly a car to fit into the TK stable (first one !). Regards Styria

http://www.windingroad.com/articles/...alfa-romeo-4c/
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 1st November 2014, 06:05 PM
motec 6.9's Avatar
motec 6.9 motec 6.9 is offline
Prodigal Son
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: perth
Posts: 5,917
Default Re: Alfa Romeo 4C - 2015

Yes I have read all the road test they say its fast but has a lot of faults. So its a real Alfa then.
__________________
Research more post less.
Memnoch #1873 6.9 255.6 RWHP
The Kommando believed only 1 in Oz
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 2nd November 2014, 11:24 AM
BenzBoy BenzBoy is offline
Noble
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Sydney - Centre of Civilisation
Posts: 6,489
Default Re: Alfa Romeo 4C - 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styria View Post
Shades of the Lancia Stratos featured in the previous thread ? Well, just look at the size (so lithe), the shape (so beautiful) and it certainly has lots going for it at the price charged for it in the States.

I honestly cannot think readily of a more beautifully styled rear section than on this car, and the front certainly leaves nothing to be ashamed of. The test itself - very level headed and factual - rather than the glowing commentary that one can come across from time to time from other testers. Certainly a car to fit into the TK stable (first one !). Regards Styria

http://www.windingroad.com/articles/...alfa-romeo-4c/
I approve of the lack of power steering but no manual gearbox? Come on! This is the 21st Century and a manual box is a novelty selling point....
Regards,
Brian
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 3rd November 2014, 02:21 AM
motec 6.9's Avatar
motec 6.9 motec 6.9 is offline
Prodigal Son
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: perth
Posts: 5,917
Default Re: Alfa Romeo 4C - 2015

And a dead duck . Porsche and volkswagen and others have said they cannot get a manual to pass future emissions. So it will be dead soon.
__________________
Research more post less.
Memnoch #1873 6.9 255.6 RWHP
The Kommando believed only 1 in Oz
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 3rd November 2014, 06:16 AM
BenzBoy BenzBoy is offline
Noble
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Sydney - Centre of Civilisation
Posts: 6,489
Default Re: Alfa Romeo 4C - 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by motec 6.9 View Post
And a dead duck . Porsche and volkswagen and others have said they cannot get a manual to pass future emissions. So it will be dead soon.
Well a curse on the house of the Eurocrats then. Humans will not need a left leg in the future so maybe it will atrophy - along with the self-responsibility gene.....
Mutter, mutter, mutter ....
Regards,
Brian
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 3rd November 2014, 06:21 AM
motec 6.9's Avatar
motec 6.9 motec 6.9 is offline
Prodigal Son
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: perth
Posts: 5,917
Default Re: Alfa Romeo 4C - 2015

I personally would take a manual if offered in any car. So the demise which will soon come is not something to look forward to . I have yet to drive any car with a computer controlled manual gearbox that is as smooth as driving a manual or automatic. To me they offer the worst of both worlds.
__________________
Research more post less.
Memnoch #1873 6.9 255.6 RWHP
The Kommando believed only 1 in Oz
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 3rd November 2014, 07:15 AM
BenzBoy BenzBoy is offline
Noble
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Sydney - Centre of Civilisation
Posts: 6,489
Default Re: Alfa Romeo 4C - 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by motec 6.9 View Post
I personally would take a manual if offered in any car. So the demise which will soon come is not something to look forward to . I have yet to drive any car with a computer controlled manual gearbox that is as smooth as driving a manual or automatic. To me they offer the worst of both worlds.
If you can't change gears without a clutch on a crash box you can't drive and should not be on the road......witness the berks who drive their cars to the limit and crash, failing to understand what their car is actually doing. Power steering, ESP, ABS etc. are all wonderful options but they in themselves do NOT make for better drivers.
I have a friend who can pilot her Phantom II with as much speed as I can my ML - and she turns 80 at Christmas. Why? Because dear readers, she can bloody well drive!
Regards,
Brian
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 3rd November 2014, 12:42 PM
motec 6.9's Avatar
motec 6.9 motec 6.9 is offline
Prodigal Son
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: perth
Posts: 5,917
Default Re: Alfa Romeo 4C - 2015

When I started driving Buses for old man Murray in Canberra . He insisted all new drivers . Learn to drive old GM bus with 4 speed crash box. And first drive for him was in restored J2 Bedford. With him as a passenger it was part of job application. Worked for him a few years so I guess I passed.
__________________
Research more post less.
Memnoch #1873 6.9 255.6 RWHP
The Kommando believed only 1 in Oz
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rolls Royce 2015 Silver Ghost Styria ROAD TESTS 0 27th October 2014 03:47 PM
2015 c63 amg Styria ROAD TESTS 1 23rd October 2014 02:23 PM
2015 S-Class S600 Styria ROAD TESTS 8 27th April 2014 09:06 AM
Alfa 1900 Zagato Styria WEBSITES AND LINKS 1 25th February 2014 11:39 AM
Alfa 33 Stradale Styria WEBSITES AND LINKS 4 13th February 2014 07:13 AM


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 05:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright Topklasse 2017