Topklasse Discussion Board  
Home Forum Legal/Privacy Media/Picture Gallery Websites and Links Technical

Go Back   Topklasse Discussion Board > THE EXPERIENCE - DRIVING PLEASURE > TALKING TORQUE

TALKING TORQUE Feel free to discuss your Driving Experience in all other models as well!

Old 11th April 2009, 01:26 PM
Aficionado

Default water/methanol injection

This seems rather interesting http://www.coolingmist.com works best with turbo/supercharger. My brother bought a kit for his corvet, he's going to dyno it with and without the kit. Will post reports.
Old 11th April 2009, 03:59 PM
Aristocrat

Default Re: water/methanol injection

My mechanic was talking about the possibilities of this on the track beast... but as you've said.. much more worthwhile on a TC or SC'd car. He was saying good things about it though.

Mercules is probably the man to ask though.. Brother Cam, have you hooked up any of these kit's??

1978 W116 - 450 SEL - Finally locked
1979 W116 - 450 SE 6.9 - New Ticker
Old 15th April 2009, 06:01 AM
The Godfather

Hi Hoddo, thanks for those details. I am certainly looking forward to getting an update from you.

I haven't fully read all the details on the website, but there is a good chance that (IN DUE COURSE) it will become part of the new section (interesting websites and links) once it is fully operational. Regards Styria
Old 15th April 2009, 06:31 PM
Spiltting lanes

Quote:
Originally Posted by SELfor50 View Post
My mechanic was talking about the possibilities of this on the track beast... but as you've said.. much more worthwhile on a TC or SC'd car. He was saying good things about it though.

Mercules is probably the man to ask though.. Brother Cam, have you hooked up any of these kit's??
I have played around with water/meth injection kits in the past - the principle is that water will evaporate when exposed to engine heat and combustion temps cooling the intake charge - the methanol is combustable as well and has a higher RON than petrol so you can advanced the timing a little more without fear of detonation. The methanol acts as a corrosion inhibitor as well.

So, in theory, water/meth injection gives you an intercooling effect and reduces the chance of self-ignition occuring.

In practice I have seen the results of an Aquamist system used on a VL Turbo race car (aftermarket ECU but no intercooler) and it only made a slight difference.

I guess you would have to set up the system and tune the flow and timing on a dyno to see the resuts guys!

Mercules
Old 17th April 2009, 05:28 AM
The Godfather

Hi Mercules, interesting observations on your part. I guess I can be a bit of a sceptic when all is said and done. I am a great believer in leaving things alone unless there is a real possibility of effecting and applying a well proven modification. Regards Styria