Topklasse Discussion Board  
Home Forum Legal/Privacy Media/Picture Gallery Websites and Links Technical

Go Back   Topklasse Discussion Board > THE EXPERIENCE - DRIVING PLEASURE > CAR SHOW PHOTOS

CAR SHOW PHOTOS Photos taken at various car shows and other events by Topklasse members

Old 17th March 2019, 06:01 PM
Aristocrat

Talking Re: Always a moving Target

Compare Camry Hybrid with new Corolla Hybrid.
The first thing to notice is the lack of Torque from the 1.8 Engine Even though it is a smaller car it is sluggish compared to the 2.5 Lt engine in the livery Camry.
It needs at least a 2 Litre Engine. Or a Turbo.
But in it's shopping basket market, it is fine.
Old 17th March 2019, 07:40 PM
Aristocrat

Default Re: Always a moving Target

Great. Comprehensive review of the Malibu Bryce.

Enjoyed the read.

Any more pics of the car and/or the interior?
Old 17th March 2019, 11:09 PM
Aristocrat

Sorry I never took any. Car is back with Hertz now an I am in Florida now. I don't have a rental car on this leg of the trip....

while i had the car I did manage to stop off on the way to the airport at a junkyard and pick up a few W126 pieces. Junkyards here are cheap and much larger than in AU, so more likely to have something interesting. the main one I went to had 3x124, 2x126, 1x123, 2x140 and a few newer C classes.

This would have been a nice 300CE in its day, in 199 Grey/Black and a grey interior. Somebody had covered the wood trim in 'carbon fiber' plastic contact.

Most of the stuff I got came from this 90 420SEL. Interior was stripped, but I got some of the rear door pulls I was looking for, and the long lug bolts. The front and rear interior door handles on the W126 are the same so when the drivers one gets worn and hangs down, you can grab one from the rear of a parts car that should be in much better shape. These were not perfect but should be ok.

Also got some of the plastic bits that mount the front side cladding trim that are broken on my SEC from this car.

Was good to see how the under dash is setup on a W126 as I will need to change the vacuum flap units on my car.

This one, a 300SD Turbodiesel was very complete, just rusty underneath. Interior looked good but it was a heavy smokers car.

even had service history to 140k miles (had 180k). I grabbed the 300SD owners manual, mostly for novelty purposes.

This 300CD was rusty as all hell.

fred flinstone car

Some of the stuff I got. there are two more door handles and a bit more trim stuff out of shot. Also some more of the long lug bolts soaking in coca cola to clean them up a bit.
Old 17th March 2019, 11:17 PM
Aristocrat

Very nice haul of bits mate.

You did well.

Great images.
Old 21st March 2019, 05:24 AM
The Godfather

It's always interesting to see what's on the other side of the world. Wrecking yards can be quite a revelation, and you often wonder how they can make money especially if a lot of the stuff and parts are crushed in the end.

Some years ago, I spent three boiling (hot) days at Pick 'n Payless dismantling as much as I could of a 6.9 they had in the yard - they did not realize the significance of the car they had on hand. The hot wind was blowing a gale for the whole period, I did not dare leaving my tools unattended on account of the vultures hanging around as I had to carry all my tools in a wheel barrow the yard provided. Getting a lot of the parts enabled me to get a basic exchange service going for suspension and other parts. Well, it was the start of it. Great pictures Bryce, and good info. Regards Styria