Topklasse Discussion Board  
Home Forum Legal/Privacy Media/Picture Gallery Websites and Links Technical

Go Back   Topklasse Discussion Board > THE EXPERIENCE - DRIVING PLEASURE > TALKING TORQUE

TALKING TORQUE Feel free to discuss your Driving Experience in all other models as well!

Old 2nd February 2009, 08:29 PM
Connoisseur

Default W116 police chase

On TV that is. The kids yelled out this evening when they saw a Benz that looked like "mine" on "Home and Away". Sure enough there was a w116 being used by a villain to abduct a kid for a ransom. So here's a few pics courtesy of my nokia capturing the drama unfold.

The failed exchange, kid for ransom.

Police gave chase

Coming up to a road block there's plenty of tyre smoke as the w116 comes to a screeching halt.

Nabbed. Abductor taken away and everyone else goes back to the beach for a BBQ

Oh man! Hopefully this heatwave will bugger off soon so I can be a little more productive on the w116 front. It's just been too hot lately to pick up any tools and crawl under a car.
1974 280se "canary yellow" now in pieces
1977 280se milan brown wrecking
Old 2nd February 2009, 09:07 PM
Connoisseur

Default Re: W116 police chase

It would be interesting to see if anyone knows the car.
Old 3rd February 2009, 10:17 AM
Connoisseur

Mike Fleming's car has been regularly used on a TV show for some time. Requests pop up from time to time on the NSW Forum for a particular Mercedes for a TV show.

In fact, there was a request on the NSW Forum prior to Christmas for a W211 Mercedes (2004 on?) for use in a TV show, where the scene was a panel beaters and the car was having its doors (sensitively - I believe they said) removed!

For having the car all day and removing, reinstalling the doors, the money on offer was about $300! (No stop laughing, they were serious!!)

I wonder what they had to up the offer too, or did they just give up?
Old 3rd February 2009, 01:31 PM
Connoisseur

I was wondering if they'd hired the car or just bought an ebay special. If they threw it off a cliff or rammed it into a tree I would be guessing ebay. But it looked in too good good condition and apart from two major flatspots from the skidding, I doubt they did much damage at all.

Unlike the finnie from McLeods Daughters that was sold on ebay last year? They must have bought that one, it was pretty sad by the time they flogged it off.
1974 280se "canary yellow" now in pieces
1977 280se milan brown wrecking
Old 3rd February 2009, 04:53 PM
The Godfather

Hi Skenie, (JohnS), my understanding is that Mike Fleming will not get out of bed unless he is offered twice that amount - perhaps even more.

On the other hand, throw me a 'zack' and I'd be running out the door. Regards Styria

N. B. For the younger generation, say three or four gens. back, a 'zack' is a sixpence coin - to some others, that's five cents.
Old 4th February 2009, 01:34 PM
Connoisseur

When the agent phoned the Club asking for a members car, I told him to put it on the Forum as I couldn't see anyone with a Mercedes accepting $300 for a days use of their car when the doors are going to be taken off and replaced. I believe they understood that the offer would have to be much greater but they decided to "put the request out there" to see what would happen.
Old 5th February 2009, 01:21 AM
The Godfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by John S View Post
When the agent phoned the Club asking for a members car, I told him to put it on the Forum as I couldn't see anyone with a Mercedes accepting $300 for a days use of their car when the doors are going to be taken off and replaced. I believe they understood that the offer would have to be much greater but they decided to "put the request out there" to see what would happen.
So JohnS, does anyone know whose car it is ? Isn't it anazing, but we now have two 116s that have made the news. Regards Styria