Topklasse Discussion Board  
Home Forum Legal/Privacy Media/Picture Gallery Websites and Links Technical

Go Back   Topklasse Discussion Board > THE EXPERIENCE - DRIVING PLEASURE > ROAD TESTS

ROAD TESTS Road tests and related articles

Old 24th September 2012, 07:57 PM
The Godfather

Default Bmw c2 convertible

I have indeed been fortunate enough, and privileged, to be driven some twenty to thirty kilometers in the new SLS AMG Sports Car - Supercar ? Surely yes. Yet, however, disregarding its undoubted heritage and breeding, and performance of course, there is something lacking. In my eyes, to be sure.

Look at the typical long nose, small glasshouse, short stumpy tail, all seen from side on and quite reminiscent of most of today's SL range (and for the last ten years) and something appears to have gone wrong. Of course, it all depends on the individual, but to me this sort of styling does not make me take a deep breath. So enter this BMW C2 Convertible. Now, this car has the sort of styling that turns on my taste. Anyway, you guys be the judge. Just remember, the styling of this car goes back many years and, additionally, its mechanical specifications are nothing short of wonderment, comparing more than favourably with - the SLS AMG.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf BMW C2 Spyder.pdf (1.04 MB, 10 views)
Old 25th September 2012, 05:41 AM
One Of The Boys

Default Re: Bmw c2 convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styria View Post
I
Look at the typical long nose, small glasshouse, short stumpy tail, all seen from side on and quite reminiscent of most of today's SL range (and for the last ten years) and something appears to have gone wrong. Of course, it all depends on the individual, but to me this sort of styling does not make me take a deep breath. So enter this BMW C2 Convertible. Now, this car has the sort of styling that turns on my taste. Anyway, you guys be the judge. Just remember, the styling of this car goes back many years and, additionally, its mechanical specifications are nothing short of wonderment, comparing more than favourably with - the SLS AMG.
This is a mid-mount engine styling Godfather, much like Ferrari's and Lamborghini's styling when the engine is fitted behind the seats.
It is what has become know as the 'Supercar' styling.
Impossible to use with a front mounted engine (look how low the 'bonnet' is)

1978 W116 690SEL # 3312
1985 R107 500SL AMG
2000 W208 CLK430 Coupe
2003 W163 ML320
Old 25th September 2012, 06:28 AM
Prodigal Son

Hi Styria this car was never sanctioned by BMW it is an Italdesign car http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_Nazca_C2 . Geoff looks good though
Old 25th September 2012, 01:46 PM
Respectable

BMW C2 Convertible Video

Some folks may be interested in this video

youtube.com/watch?v=0Hu4RjrkTYU
Old 25th September 2012, 05:11 PM
The Godfather

Hi Ricord, I have typed in the link you have supplied us with, but cannot get any connection - internet address unknown. So maybe, if you can left click and highlight the address bar, copy, then right click under your post and then paste, we should be able to find the video. Thanks for your contribution. Regards Styria
Old 25th September 2012, 11:51 PM
One Of The Boys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styria View Post
Hi Ricord, I have typed in the link you have supplied us with, but cannot get any connection - internet address unknown. So maybe, if you can left click and highlight the address bar, copy, then right click under your post and then paste, we should be able to find the video. Thanks for your contribution. Regards Styria
http://youtu.be/0Hu4RjrkTYU

1978 W116 690SEL # 3312
1985 R107 500SL AMG
2000 W208 CLK430 Coupe
2003 W163 ML320
Old 26th September 2012, 05:34 AM
The Godfather

Thanks for the info, Michel. This car is of course nothing like the Ital Design C2. Incidentally, I listened to the accompanying music (?) and it took me back to Lucky Starr's "I've been everywhere man". Ghastly sound. Sorry Ricord, absolutely nothing against you in any way. I am glad that you are taking part in Forum discussions. Regards Styria