Topklasse Discussion Board  
Home Forum Legal/Privacy Media/Picture Gallery Websites and Links Technical

Go Back   Topklasse Discussion Board > THE EXPERIENCE - DRIVING PLEASURE > WEBSITES AND LINKS

WEBSITES AND LINKS Share anything of interest you find on the internet

Old 3rd March 2017, 03:16 PM
The Godfather

Default Mountain in Styria

Yes, you're reading correctly - the Dachstein mountain is the highest in Styria which is the province where I came from in much earlier days. Its height ? Three meters short of 3000. Why am I writing about this - well, first of all, quite a number of months ago I spotted Ralf Schuermann and his 280SEL on Facebook. It was him that identified the area where the photo was taken - in a village called Ramsau, located at the foot of the Dachstein.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater.

With a little bit of luck, you should be able to peruse several of the pictures which illustrate the beauty of the area, as well as the excellent condition his rare 280SEL. I also recall the village of Ramsau for another reason. My sister in law and myself had been traversing in that part of Austria for about a thousand kilometers. I wanted to find out how far a 40 litre tank of Diesel in her Citroen (1.9 litre non turbo Diesel) would take us. By the time we hit the thousand, I was worried regarding the amount of fuel in the car, and it was a desperate search to find a Service Station. Luckily enough, we just got out of trouble, but it was close.

The mountain top itself, which we reached by cable car, was magnificent. The view mind-blowing and even at that time of the year (towards the end of September), snow ploughs were already preparing the various ski pistes. The temperature was a brisk 3 degrees. I should really try and show you some of the photos I took at the time. Regards Styria

N.B. I just love the picture of the little girl and the family pet on the backseat of the 280SEL.

Last edited by Styria; 3rd March 2017 at 03:21 PM.