Thread: Score sheet
View Single Post
Old 11th November 2017, 03:10 PM
Aristocrat

Default Re: Score sheet

Quote:
Originally Posted by 260ebenz View Post
The W126 that did win Best in Class did have a Cobra alarm I wonder if that is factory original?

I spent nine hours the day before detailing my car and after a three hour I arrived and cleaned the car again before the judging began.

Not sure what else one had to do to win first prize?

Of course second prize is nothing to be sneezed at.
Hi Tim,
My advice is to just enjoy your car and see how you go on the day, just like you're doing. One year you might even get lucky and the trailer queens won't show up. (e.g. on a rainy day!)

The cars that consistently win concours events have one purpose, to win concours events. They probably do 40km per year and they have thousands spent each year to win concours. The Mercedes event is fairly low key, but I am also a member of the Jaguar club and they take concours very seriously. The show winners for the most part are not driven other than to concours events and their owners spend the 3 months prior to the event on prep. This includes a trip back to the restorer for a once over.

You get to drive and enjoy your car, and you have a nice collection of awards. that is pretty good if you ask me.