View Single Post
Old 23rd January 2020, 06:37 AM
The Prince of Arabia

Default Re: 2019 Mustang GT Review.

Many thanks for a great and thorough review Patrick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick_R View Post
Would I buy one?
Yes, in a heartbeat.
There was one point you could but should not have reviewed and that is how safe is it, should the unthinkable happen and you had a serious accident.

This is a safety section in an article by David McCowen from News.com.au written about the Mustang in October 2019 titled:

Ford Mustang is a great performance car with a huge flaw.
This sporty coupe is one of the world’s most desirable and sought after performance cars, but there is a sinister side to it that you need to know about.

He goes on raving about how great it is until he gets to the safety aspect:

Quote"
ANCAP ratings are a sore point. The safety body handed down a sub-par two-star rating in January 2017, which became three stars when the facelifted Mustang arrived with autonomous emergency braking and lane keeping assistance in 2018. ANCAP said last year that the Mustang 'falls short of our expectations in the areas of adult occupant and child occupant protection'.
"Unquote

Remember , I drove one in Las Vegas for 5 days during SEMA in November 2019 and enjoyed it a lot, although it still 'felt' (from the finish point of view) like a run-of-the mill cheaply finished mass-produced car.

Would I buy one?
NEVER... whilst it is still rated at 3 stars

http://howsafeisyourcar.com.au/2019/...-6sp-RWD-2_3T/

1978 W116 690SEL # 3312
1985 R107 500SL AMG
2000 C208 CLK430