Topklasse Discussion Board

Topklasse Discussion Board (http://www.topklasse.net.au/forums/index.php)
-   WEBSITES AND LINKS (http://www.topklasse.net.au/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Sometimes you must love technolgy... (http://www.topklasse.net.au/forums/showthread.php?t=6095)

BenzBoy 20th July 2015 06:10 PM

Sometimes you must love technolgy...

Isn't this a fantastic concept. So simple and so effective!

https://www.youtube.com/v/ZetSRWchM4w

Regards,
Brian

Helmet 20th July 2015 07:16 PM

Re: Sometimes you must love technolgy...

Quote:

Originally Posted by BenzBoy (Post 63149)
Isn't this a fantastic concept. So simple and so effective!

https://www.youtube.com/v/ZetSRWchM4w

Regards,
Brian

Shh, don't tell Sean :D. J\k

I have to agree, this is great .

Styria 20th July 2015 07:33 PM

What a cracking good video - mind you, how could the technology be adopted on a mass produced basis ? Okay on trucks, but what about on cars ? One would virtually have to install TV screens on all cars and trucks. Impossible, impractical ? Regards Styria

Helmet 20th July 2015 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Styria (Post 63152)
What a cracking good video - mind you, how could the technology be adopted on a mass produced basis ? Okay on trucks, but what about on cars ? One would virtually have to install TV screens on all cars and trucks. Impossible, impractical ? Regards Styria

Here you go :)
http://youtu.be/uHWfFFi1k9Y

BenzBoy 20th July 2015 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Styria (Post 63152)

For the sake of safety it is not difficult or expensive. It requires a front mounted camera + Wi-Fi or Bluetooth to connect to an LED panel on the rear of a truck - I could build it for you now for less than $2000 installed.
I t is so simple and it makes so much sense.
Regards,
Brian

260ebenz 20th July 2015 08:47 PM

That is brilliant technology and one fine post on your behalf BenzBoy!

Michel 21st July 2015 05:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Helmet (Post 63154)

Truly... we must love technology!

sean sherry 21st July 2015 08:58 AM

Technology .... up until my wake up call I did not give it but lip service.
Will enver happen to me mentality.
If I can install a system that brakes my cars if the Driver doesn't, I will .. but only an aftermarket or Factory retrofit system that intragrates to the Cars Electronics.
Not my first miss judgement... ten years ago in the UK driving a Diesel Saab I overtook a Truck and was left stranded on the wrong side of the road because the Diesel ran out of power at lower Revs compared to a (Turbo ) Petrol.
Not a fan of Diesels ? Not here in Aus., but current VW Golf Diesels and others are a big advance in Driveability.

CraigS 21st July 2015 10:19 AM

"Sometimes you must love technolgy..."

Brian - we have spoken about spelling errors in the past, and this is just not expected of you !

BenzBoy 21st July 2015 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CraigS (Post 63164)
"Sometimes you must love technolgy..."

Brian - we have spoken about spelling errors in the past, and this is just not expected of you !

That was the old me; the new me is very, very careless...........
It all began when I purchased Mr Fast and Furious - you know; the Antinomian Defence!
Regards,
Brian

sean sherry 21st July 2015 06:35 PM

Went to Pickles Holding Yard for write Offs to retrieve my E Tag. A huge place, Hundreds of Cars of all types. They said that between two and three hundred Cars are written off every Day! A lot of them had Air Bags deployed. High costs are not the sole province of Mercedes.
Did I mention that just for Air Bags, plural, $9000 for the Golf and $13000 for a Mercedes. No wonder so many Cars are written off when a few years old.
Adequate Insurance a must !

BenzBoy 21st July 2015 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sean sherry (Post 63166)
Went to Pickles Holding Yard for write Offs to retrieve my E Tag. A huge place, Hundreds of Cars of all types. They said that between two and three hundred Cars are written off every Day! A lot of them had Air Bags deployed. High costs are not the sole province of Mercedes.
Did I mention that just for Air Bags, plural, $9000 for the Golf and $13000 for a Mercedes. No wonder so many Cars are written off when a few years old.
Adequate Insurance a must !

Sean - your next car is to have airbags in the shape of a 4 leaf clover please. :D
Regards,
Brian

Oversize 21st July 2015 09:17 PM

Ok good idea but a few problems... How many will get stolen? How many ppl will watch the TV & not the truck in front? How long before they start advertising on them?
I like how they think this is a good idea but don't seem to care about dark window tint on back windows.... Just like looking at a brick wall with no warning on pending traffic congestion. Did they forget why centre stop lights were invented?

BenzBoy 22nd July 2015 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oversize (Post 63168)
Ok good idea but a few problems... How many will get stolen? How many ppl will watch the TV & not the truck in front? How long before they start advertising on them?
I like how they think this is a good idea but don't seem to care about dark window tint on back windows.... Just like looking at a brick wall with no warning on pending traffic congestion. Did they forget why centre stop lights were invented?

This is a solution to vision blocked by a large truck in front of you.
If you don't like this solution do you have an alternative?
Regards,
Brian

Michel 22nd July 2015 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BenzBoy (Post 63174)
This is a solution to vision blocked by a large truck in front of you.
If you don't like this solution do you have an alternative?
Regards,
Brian

Of course.
Use the remote and turn the screen off :eek: :eek: :eek: