Topklasse Discussion Board

Topklasse Discussion Board (http://www.topklasse.net.au/forums/index.php)
-   WEBSITES AND LINKS (http://www.topklasse.net.au/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   300SEL6.3 in white for sale - no connection to seller (http://www.topklasse.net.au/forums/showthread.php?t=5781)

6.9forever 14th November 2014 01:08 PM

300SEL6.3 in white for sale - no connection to seller

http://cars.old.com.au/view.php/used...Sedan/8746074/

Very lovely example.

Dealer price, but they are appreciating.

(No interest in sale).

Styria 14th November 2014 06:36 PM

Re: 300SEL6.3 in white for sale - no connection to seller

David, for that kind of money, I would expect far better. Under bonnet appearance no better than fair, timber work 'oldish' and tired looking etc. etc. Let me tell you something about timber work on a 108/109 - very complex and time consuming to remove, and there are many pieces. In particular, the corner piece on the left hand side - you would just about tear your hair out to get access to it.

You are right - Ch. 109, and probably 108 cars, are appreciating in value. I know of a Queensland car that has just changed hands for about $65K. - it had been under water up to the roof line in the Brisbane floods. They finished up retrieving and fixing it, although one has to wonder about the long term affect of an event like that. Regards Styria

motec 6.9 14th November 2014 06:47 PM

2 Attachment(s)
3 x times the other 6.3 currently on the market at 40k http://www.carpoint.com.au/all-cars/...D-3062173&Cr=1 There is another 6.3 for sale for 80k was 90k . But it gives me a sinking feeling. Ask Ant It was in Brisbane a few years ago in inclement weather. So they are rising and quickly at the moment but prices have gone of in Europe and US for them. Hopefully 6.9 follows soon.

260ebenz 14th November 2014 11:01 PM

I recognise and also know the car dealer who has his sticker on the back window of the 6.3

Car dealer is located in Victoria my folks purchased cars from the car dealer many years ago.

Same dealership in Sydney also has a green 1961 220SEB for sale.

motec 6.9 15th November 2014 11:41 AM

Yes its the Sydney dealer that Sir Des hated with a passion. And its not in Melbourne Tim. :D

BenzBoy 15th November 2014 11:48 AM

But Tim is correct if you read what he says:
1. The car at some stage came through the Gordon dealer in Beechworth. Hence the sticker.
2. It is now at the Old Timer Centre and they also have a nice green 220.
Yes? Clear now boys?
Regards,
Brian

260ebenz 15th November 2014 12:13 PM

Crystal clear to me.

motec 6.9 15th November 2014 12:32 PM

But Tim is correct if you read what he says:
1. The car at some stage came through the Gordon dealer in Beechworth. Hence the sticker.
2. It is now at the Old Timer Centre and they also have a nice green 220.
Yes? Clear now boys?
I fail to see anything about Gordon dealer. re looked at pictures nothing close enough to say that is the dealer. Add claims it was sold by Lanes. And my comment about current dealer in Sydney is dealer Sir Des claims miss represented his car.
So all clear I was not having a go at Tim. :p

260ebenz 15th November 2014 03:31 PM

Hello Motec,

If you look at the rear window of the white 6.3 there is a Gordon Mackinlay Cars Rutherglen.

The green 1961 220SEB also has the same sticker in the rear window.

motec 6.9 15th November 2014 03:41 PM

Ok saw it in video but no picture clear enough to say what is on sticker. But when they sold it who knows as add states it was Lanes who sold the car in Melbourne new. :) Lanes has same meaning to Melbourne buyers as York to Sydney. :)

260ebenz 15th November 2014 03:47 PM

The sticker says what I said before trust me I know what Gordon's stickers look like have seen them so many times before.

I use to visit Gordon's car yard two or three times a week as little kid and the stickers have not changed after all these years.

Anyhow enough about the stickers on the rear window let's move on.

:)

motec 6.9 15th November 2014 03:58 PM

Hi Tim please read my previous reply I said I saw sticker in Video. Not in pictures so yes you are right about sticker. But add say's( Originally purchased brand new from Lanes in Melbourne) Nothing about car yard from sticker as they don't think its important. And Sir Des hates the current seller which is in my first post which was all I said at the start . Nothing about a sticker from some dealer who has nothing to do with current dealer or original dealer. :p So move on you brought up a point that was not part of the conversation . :p

6.9forever 16th November 2014 12:06 PM

Guys, guys, guys!

I'm beginning to regret having started this thread considering how off - beam it's gone.

motec 6.9 16th November 2014 12:14 PM

All good its good to see price increasing in Australia. As I said at beginning the 6.3 in N.T. at 40k is half the car this white one is. And the one at 80k spent a few days submerged in Brisbane floods. Mb Spares had one for 38K a few weeks ago sold inside 1 week of add going up. Hopefully 6.9 prices start to follow they have in Europe. Just need US & Australia to follow. This is the submerged car trade talk had refresh .:eek: Been on other forums with pictures underwater. http://www.oldtimeraustralia.com/wp_...nz-300sel-6-3/

Styria 16th November 2014 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by motec 6.9 (Post 59430)
Yes its the Sydney dealer that Sir Des hated with a passion. And its not in Melbourne Tim. :D

Geoff, and everyone, should we really be referring to Des' quite miserable experiences with his 6.9 ? I mean, that could be considered as being counter productive. BTW, B13 owns that car now and has done so for a number of years, but he has hardly written anything about the car and its present condition. Be nice to hear from Ian. Regards Styria