Topklasse Discussion Board

Topklasse Discussion Board (http://www.topklasse.net.au/forums/index.php)
-   EXTERIORS & BODY REPAIRS (http://www.topklasse.net.au/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   TK's top 10 detailing tips for Tim. (http://www.topklasse.net.au/forums/showthread.php?t=3822)

260ebenz 21st August 2012 04:50 PM

Re: TK's top 10 detailing tips for Tim.
 
What is the best way to clean the exhaust tail pipes on the 300SE?

Ends of the tail pipes need to be sanded back and repainted black.

Would appreciate any suggestions.

Cheers Slim.

E200K 21st August 2012 04:56 PM

Re: TK's top 10 detailing tips for Tim.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 260ebenz (Post 41143)
What is the best way to clean the exhaust tail pipes on the 300SE?

Ends of the tail pipes need to be sanded back and repainted black.

Would appreciate any suggestions.

Cheers Slim.

Tim, you've just emailed me the exact same question :confused:

Helmet 21st August 2012 06:38 PM

Re: TK's top 10 detailing tips for Tim.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 260ebenz (Post 41143)
What is the best way to clean the exhaust tail pipes on the 300SE?

Ends of the tail pipes need to be sanded back and repainted black.

Would appreciate any suggestions.

Cheers Slim.

Quote:

Originally Posted by E200K (Post 41144)
Tim, you've just emailed me the exact same question :confused:

:confused::confused::confused:

Styria 22nd August 2012 07:47 AM

Re: TK's top 10 detailing tips for Tim.
 
Seeing that this is going to be some sort of Detailing Day, some sort of Food Eating Day, some sort of Lazying About Day, some sort of Doing Nothing and enjoying Each Others' Company Day, would the host agree and consider that :

We turn up a little earlier than eleven or twelve o'clock, but say

9.30 10.00 10.30

so we can stand around the cars, talk about nothing, look at "this" and "that" (detailing tips, criticize each others' cars (:D)) and then wander in and have something to eat and drink. Any suggestions or responses to the above ?

Regards Styria

260ebenz 22nd August 2012 08:59 AM

Re: TK's top 10 detailing tips for Tim.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Styria (Post 41166)
Seeing that this is going to be some sort of Detailing Day, some sort of Food Eating Day, some sort of Lazying About Day, some sort of Doing Nothing and enjoying Each Others' Company Day, would the host agree and consider that :

We turn up a little earlier than eleven or twelve o'clock, but say

9.30 10.00 10.30

so we can stand around the cars, talk about nothing, look at "this" and "that" (detailing tips, criticize each others' cars (:D)) and then wander in and have something to eat and drink. Any suggestions or responses to the above ?

Regards Styria

Sounds like I will have to leave home early to get to the detailing day so guys what time suits everybody?

260ebenz 26th October 2012 08:39 PM

Re: TK's top 10 detailing tips for Tim.
 
Purchased a new AG AutoGlym car product at Repco yesterday.

Just wondering if anyone here has used the AG leather cleaner before if so what is your opinion of the product?

I have never used the AG leather cleaner before myself.

Also purchased a bottle of AG SRP and AG glass polish.

260ebenz 29th October 2012 08:59 AM

Re: TK's top 10 detailing tips for Tim.
 
BIG tick of approval from me for the AG Fast Glass cleaner excellent results on the windows in the Battleship.

Try the AG leather conditioner see how that goes.

braminator123 3rd October 2018 10:13 AM

Re: TK's top 10 detailing tips for Tim.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony66_au (Post 38785)
errrr I have little to contribute to Concours cleaning as im more a mechanical perfection guy but my observations of Concours cars is that cleaning is probably only 1/3rd of the equation with originality and condition being the other parts.

And when it comes to cleaning its not just what you can see standing next to the car but whats underneath as well.

My 300SEL used to get a professional Concours clean every 6 months which I would then try to maintain, as the car would do 300 ish km per day it didnt take long to deteriorate but at $600 per clean (Mates rates) I wasnt going to do it more than twice a year.

And NEVER EVER EVER use commercial car washes.

I wondered if anyone knew of someone who offers professional Concours cleaning and detailing here in Melbourne? I use my 450SE about 3-5000km per year.

Thanks Bram

Oversize 3rd October 2018 08:09 PM

Re: TK's top 10 detailing tips for Tim.
 
I think it largely comes down to cost. At this level it’s very time consuming and labour today is insanely expensive. And you’d be a very lucky person indeed to find someone you can trust to achieve your expectations, since almost no-one takes pride in their work anymore.

Oversize 3rd October 2018 08:18 PM

Re: TK's top 10 detailing tips for Tim.
 
Id suggest you find an energetic EX-concours judge!!


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 09:16 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright Topklasse 2020