PDA

View Full Version : connection issues

sean sherry
25th August 2014, 08:12 AM
Where would I be without my Microsoft Systems Engineer Son- In- Law !
Plagued with problems Logging on to this site (only) There was some Soft ware that had attached its self to both my wife's and my Computer, which he could not get rid of. It is still there but he accessed our down loads etc by another path, leaving the original in place in case something else crops up . So far so good.
I often wonder how mere mortals cope with the intricacies of these modern Marvels.

260ebenz
25th August 2014, 08:28 AM
Have also had issues being able to view the Forum.

Sometimes there is a 'page can not be displayed', message.

Then after refreshing the page quite a few times then I can view the Forum.

Quite strange but eventually the Forum works.

sean sherry
25th August 2014, 08:55 AM
These were my issues also. But eventually I could not log on at all.

Wonderful the works of the wheel barrow!

BenzBoy
25th August 2014, 03:01 PM
These were my issues also. But eventually I could not log on at all.

Wonderful the works of the wheel barrow!
This is my experience with Bigpond at home. Optus at work is OK. I spoke with Bigpond and they advise that it is an issue with TK.
Regards,
Brian

sean sherry
25th August 2014, 05:04 PM
Yes Brian, I sense that you are right. T.K. was the only Site in all my Favourites that would not open. It was not a "Favourites Path " issue, as even typing the address directly into Google direct did not work. I'm surprised that there has not been more Members with issues ???????????
Sean

Styria
25th August 2014, 08:31 PM
Hi fellows, I hear your messages loud and clear, alas at this stage I am certainly at a loss in finding an explanation. From a personal viewpoint, everything has worked promptly and beautifully and that's all I have to go on. Admin. at one stage was made aware of BenzBoy's issues, and not having heard any further from that source, I can only assume that matters have returned to normal.

May everyone also rest assured that there are no financial issues with any organization that has an involvement with the operation of TK. So, I'll just say at this stage ' just hang on in". Regards Styria

BenzBoy
25th August 2014, 08:45 PM
Hi fellows, I hear your messages loud and clear, alas at this stage I am certainly at a loss in finding an explanation. From a personal viewpoint, everything has worked promptly and beautifully and that's all I have to go on. Admin. at one stage was made aware of BenzBoy's issues, and not having heard any further from that source, I can only assume that matters have returned to normal.

May everyone also rest assured that there are no financial issues with any organization that has an involvement with the operation of TK. So, I'll just say at this stage ' just hang on in". Regards Styria
No - matters have not returned to normal. BB explained he can see the problem I am experiencing but as yet he is not quite sure of the fix .... meanwhile he will continue to research and repair when possible.
Regards,
Brian

motec 6.9
25th August 2014, 09:02 PM
Hopefully soon the other forum was doing similar for over 12 months. Turned out it was site certificate had expired. :(

Michel
26th August 2014, 06:02 AM
I'm with the Godfather.

I log on at home, at work, on my iPad, on my iPhone and have absolutely NO PROBLEMO :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Styria
26th August 2014, 07:26 AM
Hopefully soon the other forum was doing similar for over 12 months. Turned out it was site certificate had expired. :(

Geoff, let me assure you that there are no outstanding or incomplete issues pertaining to ANY organization providing a service to TK. Nothing outstanding, nothing unpaid, nothing uncertified. It would appear that Admin is now involved, and I shall await further advice. Regards Styria

sean sherry
26th August 2014, 09:24 AM
Michel, your success does not necessirly equate to other peoples problems.
May I guess that you are connected through Optus ???
My son in Law logged on instantly, via his I Pad, connected through Optus, whilst he was attempting to sort my connection through Telstra.
So are we comparing Apples with Apples here ??

Michel
26th August 2014, 12:46 PM
Michel, your success does not necessirly equate to other peoples problems.
May I guess that you are connected through Optus ???
My son in Law logged on instantly, via his I Pad, connected through Optus, whilst he was attempting to sort my connection through Telstra.
So are we comparing Apples with Apples here ??

You are right Sean, I am connecting through Optus.
However, the internet should be the same unless you are having connection problems with all sites through Telstra.

BenzBoy
26th August 2014, 01:03 PM
You are right Sean, I am connecting through Optus.
However, the internet should be the same unless you are having connection problems with all sites through Telstra.
Not quite - for some reasom TK and Telstra (Bigpond) do have a compatibility issue....
I have to leave that one to the experts to eplain.
Regards,
Brian

motec 6.9
26th August 2014, 03:53 PM
Topklasse is only site I am having problems with. :(

Styria
26th August 2014, 04:55 PM
Like Michel, I am also with Optus and again to repeat, my system is trouble free. Regards Styria

BenzBoy
26th August 2014, 05:30 PM
Like Michel, I am also with Optus and again to repeat, my system is trouble free. Regards Styria
Did you read what I wrote previously?
"This is my experience with Bigpond at home. Optus at work is OK. I spoke with Bigpond and they advise that it is an issue with TK.
Regards,
Brian "

abl567
26th August 2014, 05:57 PM
By my limited understanding the website is a software package installed on a host computer (server) that is connected to the web (a huge network with similar architecture to a much smaller LAN, (local area network)) and assigned an IP address, when you try and log in to TK your computer knocks on many doors until it finds TK, that server then accesses another server which has the forum database file saved on it.
As all service providers simply provide a conduit to the net which allows us to access the server on which TK is held a problem with Telstra only does not make sense as all other providers rent Telstra's copper wires that the majority of us use to access the net via ADSL.
As I said my knowledge is very limited and I'm more that happy for -bb- to contradict this, as, given others experience and advice, Telstra is the issue.
I'm hoping the experts weigh in on this
To reiterate I've had no problems but do not dispute others have

BenzBoy
26th August 2014, 06:29 PM
"providers rent Telstra's copper wires that the majority of us use to access the net via ADSL."
I think it may be a little more complex but I do not claim to understand. Suffice to say that I can logon maybe half the times I try - and then I need to refresh the page up to 15 or 20 times before it works...
Telstra simply advises me that TK is not optimised for the Telstra software - I am now out of my depth of understanding so over to BB as the expert...
Regards,
Brian

abl567
26th August 2014, 07:30 PM
I expect it has to do with the version of the vBulletin TK is using then, I'm sure -bb- will confirm or deny that, we all owe him a debt of gratitude for volunteering his time and expertise.

BenzBoy
26th August 2014, 07:42 PM
I expect it has to do with the version of the vBulletin TK is using then, I'm sure -bb- will confirm or deny that, we all owe him a debt of gratitude for volunteering is time and expertise.
Indeed - BB is central to our lives!
3 cheers for BB
3 cheers for BB
3 cheers for BB
Hip- Hip - Hooray!
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

260ebenz
26th August 2014, 08:40 PM
Just a thought how about clicking on 'Tools', then click on 'Delete browsing history'.

By doing this you delete cookies & the cache then TK might work as it should?

BenzBoy
26th August 2014, 09:09 PM
Just a thought how about clicking on 'Tools', then click on 'Delete browsing history'.
By doing this you delete cookies & the cache then TK might work as it should?
No Tim.
It makes no difference - our IT Tech at work suggested re-setting IE in case it was running damaged scripts for TK but that made no difference either.
Thanks for the suggestion.
Regards,
Brian

260ebenz
26th August 2014, 09:23 PM
Okay fine Brian it was just a suggestion.

Anyhow I am sure Admin can resolve the problem and we can all get back to enjoying the Forum.

abl567
26th August 2014, 09:43 PM
IE? are you running it from the Phantom IV? :D:D:D

260ebenz
26th August 2014, 09:56 PM
Just took another 6 times to refresh the page in order to view the Forum.

But after 6 attempts it worked!

motec 6.9
26th August 2014, 11:02 PM
I am Bigpond . And phone Telstra no problem on phone but computer is a different matter. :(

sean sherry
27th August 2014, 08:40 AM
My issue is now solved using the new "Path" that Son in Law set up. He tried to explain to me what he did, but way over my head. All I know is that when I hit a button the site opens as it has always done before.
" Ours is not to reason why"

Sean

Oversize
27th August 2014, 02:29 PM
I'll just find something else to do until Admin sorts this out... My Telstra mobile works sometimes and my Bigpond desktop not at all. All other sites work fine!! :confused::mad::(:eek:

27th August 2014, 04:23 PM
Parks is with Telstra. I asked him to use his Samsung S% (or S4) to log onto TK. The response was immediate, and obviously he had no trouble. We are working on this in the background.

motec 6.9
27th August 2014, 09:13 PM
Hi as I said phone no problem laptop is the one I have problem with. :(

Oversize
28th August 2014, 12:22 PM
Maybe it's not the provider but rather an operating system issue??? I'm using Windows 7 with Google Chrome. Perhaps there are compatibility issues...

-bb-
28th August 2014, 02:25 PM
Been looking into this. It's a DNS issue with the hosting provider and some ISP's. My iiNet connection at home has the issue but my Vodafone mobile broadband connection is fine.

It is not related to the version of Vbulletin nor is it related to the operating system people are using.

Stay tuned.

sean sherry
28th August 2014, 04:47 PM
Wonders will never cease ! My original connection is now working again ...at least it did 30 seconds ago !!!!!

johnj
29th August 2014, 08:38 AM
First time in 3 day I am able to log on to this site I have tried from 2 different phone net works and 2 different computers

Helmet
29th August 2014, 10:06 AM
I've never had a problem , Telstra at work, optus at home

BenzBoy
1st September 2014, 07:36 AM
52 attempts before TK would load successfully this morning. 52!!!!!
Success on 53 but seriously folks, seriously.....:mad:
Regards,
Brian

sean sherry
2nd September 2014, 02:11 PM
Yes , Son in Law confirms it is a DNS issue........ what ever that is !!!!

I can log on ok ,except that all I can see is "Todays Posts" which actually doesn't open them ,...... not until the next day.
I have to go to Forum and look through to find present and past Posts. ????
If I use my "old" Log on Path I don't have this problem.

Not such an issue and Son in Law will have a look at it time permitting
Sean

sean sherry
2nd September 2014, 02:15 PM
Should read New Posts not Todays previous thread

It's getting too confusing !

BenzBoy
3rd September 2014, 06:04 AM
Maybe the DNS issue is resolved -I can now logon as per usual.
All I want now is to be able to view "latest posts" and my happiness will be complete.
Regards,
Brian

Afro107
3rd September 2014, 10:43 AM
Ubuntu, Kubuntu, Ubuntu-Gnome.
(linux)

And suddenly, internet is not a source of perils and headache anymore.

I would try Mozilla Firefox to rule IE out as the culprit.

Oversize
3rd September 2014, 03:17 PM
Goodbye TK; you are no longer accessible to me... :(:mad::confused:

Michel
3rd September 2014, 06:36 PM

but you are here.. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Helmet
3rd September 2014, 06:53 PM

How did you post this without access ?

Oversize
4th September 2014, 10:02 AM
Yeah on my tiny mobile which I can barely read with my crap eyes. There'll b nothing worthwhile from me until this issue is sorted. And I wonder how many others have given up and how many new members have been missed:confused:

motec 6.9
4th September 2014, 10:34 AM
Connection is still peeing me off. :mad:

Oversize
4th September 2014, 11:12 AM
It works on my GFs computer running Chrome with Telstra prepaid. I'll clear my cashe at home and see if that helps. I doubt it's the antivirus but I'm no expert

BenzBoy
4th September 2014, 12:49 PM
Mine is working as of yesterday so probably yours will be OK too.
Regards,
Brian

260ebenz
4th September 2014, 04:50 PM
Glad to report TK site is working again for me without a hitch.

motec 6.9
4th September 2014, 05:16 PM
Still 50/50 at the moment. :(

Oversize
4th September 2014, 05:40 PM
Mine's now working at home after I don't know how long. The big question is who did what so we can avoid it happening again..... :confused::rolleyes:

motec 6.9
4th September 2014, 05:51 PM
Mine has been behaving since lunch so fingers crossed.